The 2020 scholarship application process will be open from February 1 through March 15, 2020.
- Can be a current senior in high school (private or public) OR currently enrolled in higher education (current high school students would receive first preference for scholarships)
- Must live within an 8-mile radius of Cartersville, Virginia (centered on Country Corner Store on Rt. 45 – see map below)
- Must have lived in the designated area at least two (2) years
- For students who get preference because they have a parent or grandparent in the Cartersville Ruritan Club, the parent or grandparent must have been a member for a least two (2) years.
- Applicants must complete the fillable scholarship application using Microsoft Word.
- Student must complete a one-page, single-spaced essay (instructions and helpful hints provided on the application form)
- Student must attach a current letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or school administrator
- Student must attach a current transcript (if a college student (higher education), that transcript must be from the college)